Wednesday 1 June 2011

Imperial Guard - Month 1 (and 2)

We finally got our first set of models, Battle Forces for both the Blood Angels and Imperial Guard force I will be taking control of. Like my brother, I also used up most of my two month budget on the first purchase.


My Battle Force from GC Minis was slightly cheaper than my brother's, coming to about $95 with shipping and tax. It includes 20 Cadian shock troops, 3 Heavy Weapons teams, a Cadian Command Squad and a Sentinel. It doesn't quite allow for a legal army, but is a good step in the right direction and has units that are usable at any size.


For the honour of the Imperium!


I then went on ebay and got some great deals that gave me 20 Cadians and an extra Command Squad for a total of only $42 all inclusive (barring import tax from the States...). These units will bring me to legality, a full platoon of infantry as well well as Veteran Squad. We then went to our local game store, Revolution, where I ordered in a Chimera for my Vets for another $42, bringing my total so far to about $180. So I guess I went a little over, into my third month, but at least I can field a legal army now! Plus it'll probably take me into July to assemble and paint over 50 models.



If only I could paint this well...


But hey, that's what's the Guard are about...right?

No comments:

Post a Comment