Monday 13 June 2011

Some initial modeling work

The battleforce and commander have come in, and I have made it through most of my assembly work.  Fortunately for myself, a couple years ago I started to have an interest in orcs and thus bought the Assault on Black Reach starter set for 5th edition 40k.  The space marines in the set had up until this point gone relatively untouched, however now I have taken the dreadnought as well as the missile launcher tactical marine.  I took the missile launcher marine because I have plans for the future to make the 10th man of the tactical squad into a multi-melta marine, but don't have the parts yet.

Anyways, onto some pictures of the modeling work I've done so far.  First I should say that I'm assembling the marines without bolters so I can access them with ease.  In order to still get the hand positions right, I put some putty (I use just the yellow part of green stuff) on the bottom of the boltgun so the marine could hold it in one arm and I could position the other arm just right.  Very simple, but effective.


Next I have picture of two of my favorite models so far.  The first is a pretty cool conversion of a tactical marine throwing a grenade.  The grenade holding arm normally comes really close to the body of the marine and thus looks more like he's just holding it rather than about to chuck it.  I filled the armpit in with green-stuff to make it look more like he's just about to pitch a strike!


The next model is the sergeant from the assault squad.  He looks like he's just about to punch someone out!


I'll update this post with the painted models once I'm done painting, which I am hoping to start sometime next week...

No comments:

Post a Comment